Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you want to have your exchange data and Mobile me able to sync?

• No, I don't need/want that.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I need that desperately

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • It might be useful, but not critical

• I don't really care

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard Bleiche

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
Pennsylvania
I just got the iPhone 3G. I have mobile me and want to sync my PC at work (where all my contacts and my calendar are) with the mobile me cloud, and hence my iphone and my Mac at home.

I installed iTunes 7.7 on my PC at work (I have Windows XP, outlook 2003, SP3), configured the mobile me control panel to sync contacts and calendar with outlook, and when sync'ing it says it's going through the contacts and calendar. Funny thing though, no contacts or calendar appts ever show up on mobile me (when looking on the web app) or on my mac or iphone.

- Does this have something to do with the fact that my calendar in outlook is 'connected' to an exchange server? My iphone is not setup with the exchange server. (Someone suggested to me that maybe the outlook data is not in a location where mobile me "wants" it to be to read it.)

- Why doesn't mobile me see the calendar appointments or contacts? My Treo downloaded all that info from the calendar and contacts whenever syncing via a cable...

- If the exchange server is the issue, I can see why the institutional contacts and calendar might not show up, but what about my personal contacts in outlook? They don't get seen either when mobile me 'syncs'.

And oddly, mobile me looks like it's going through everything (it takes several minutes and says it's syncing but apparently it's not "seeing" things.).

Help!

InTheAir

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Make sure the computer has synced your info to the 'cloud'. After that, delete the MobileMe account on the iphone and recreate it. That worked for me, based on a few posts here.

YMMV.

Richard Bleiche

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
Pennsylvania
But that's the problem...

But as I mention above: That's the problem. I can't sync to the cloud from my PC (or at least I can't tell). It says it's sync'ing but no information is transferred to it when I check me.com on the internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.