Mobile me at AT&T store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigD58, Jul 5, 2008.

1. BigD58 macrumors regular

Okay so I will be buying my iPhone at 8am on july 11th at the AT&T store. My question is will i also be able to pick up mobile me as well or will I have to go to an apple store or buy online:confused:

2. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

Since MobileMe is a service and not a physical product, I'm sure you can buy online and start using it immediately on the 11th. It's all web-based so you shouldn't even need to download anything (don't quote me on that).

Also, I think Steve said in the Keynote that there is a free 60 day trial of MobileMe with the purchase of the iPhone. If that is correct then I imagine there is some kind of an activation code or something that comes with the phone.

3. protekt0r macrumors regular

protekt0r

yeah, there's a 60 day free trial. so burn that up before you buy. Gives you an extra 2 months free.

4. gibbz macrumors 68030

You can sign up for a free trial of .Mac right now. It will allow you to keep an email address ending in @mac.com and will also automatically switch over to Mobile Me.

5. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

you have to buy it at Apple Store

or the Code Online as long as you have Ilife 08/ Leopard

6. SlapMonkey macrumors regular

This was already answered, so why would you go and confuse things with "as long as you have iLife 08/ Leopard"? Is Leopard absolutely required or you can't use MobileMe at all? No.

For clarification (before we start having people say "but I thought I can use it with Tiger or a PC, etc.) the system requirements are:

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/pricing/

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

The free trial is limited in terms of disc size, email storage, syncing, etc. If you're gonna use it, you might as well buy it.

8. cljmac macrumors newbie

mobile me@bestbuy

you can get the mobile me package at bestbuy as of today.
    since they sell apple in over half of the bestbuys they will
    sell it. so you dont have to go to the apple store this weekend.