Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigD58

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2008
North Carolina
Okay so I will be buying my iPhone at 8am on july 11th at the AT&T store. My question is will i also be able to pick up mobile me as well or will I have to go to an apple store or buy online:confused:

Merlosso

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2008
Okay so I will be buying my iPhone at 8am on july 11th at the AT&T store. My question is will i also be able to pick up mobile me as well or will I have to go to an apple store or buy online:confused:

Since MobileMe is a service and not a physical product, I'm sure you can buy online and start using it immediately on the 11th. It's all web-based so you shouldn't even need to download anything (don't quote me on that).

Also, I think Steve said in the Keynote that there is a free 60 day trial of MobileMe with the purchase of the iPhone. If that is correct then I imagine there is some kind of an activation code or something that comes with the phone.

protekt0r

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2008
Albuquerque, NM

yeah, there's a 60 day free trial. so burn that up before you buy. Gives you an extra 2 months free.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
You can sign up for a free trial of .Mac right now. It will allow you to keep an email address ending in @mac.com and will also automatically switch over to Mobile Me.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?

you have to buy it at Apple Store

or the Code Online as long as you have Ilife 08/ Leopard

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
you have to buy it at Apple Store

or the Code Online as long as you have Ilife 08/ Leopard

This was already answered, so why would you go and confuse things with "as long as you have iLife 08/ Leopard"? Is Leopard absolutely required or you can't use MobileMe at all? No.

For clarification (before we start having people say "but I thought I can use it with Tiger or a PC, etc.) the system requirements are:

Apple said:
* Compatible device: Mac, PC, iPhone, or iPod touch.
* For Mac: Mac OS X v10.4.11 or latest version of Mac OS X Leopard; Safari 3, Firefox 2, or later.
* For PC: Windows Vista or Windows XP Home or Professional (SP2) or later; Internet Explorer 7, Safari 3, Firefox 2, or later. Microsoft Outlook 2003 or later recommended.
* For iPhone and iPod touch: 2.0 software.
* iTunes 7.7 or later (free download from http://www.itunes.com/download).
* Internet access with compatible ISP (broadband required for web applications); fees may apply.
* Some features require Mac OS X v10.5 and iLife ’08.

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/pricing/

cljmac

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2002
florida
mobile me@bestbuy

you can get the mobile me package at bestbuy as of today.
since they sell apple in over half of the bestbuys they will
sell it. so you dont have to go to the apple store this weekend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.