Mobile Me Calendar ****ing Unreliable...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by James Cole, Jun 28, 2011.

1. James Cole macrumors 6502

Here goes...

I have an Iphone 4 and I normally add my calendar appointments on my mac which are supposed to sync wirelessly with my IP4 since I have mobile me... it just doesnt work... first I cant for the life of me sync back and forth an appointment between the phone and the imac... and sometimes in my IP4 some appointments it might let me know and sometimes some others it may not... or ****ing others 15 minutes late...??? when I clearly have a 15 minute alert on each appointement... and the ****ing iphone confirms it...

It is jailbroken... but nothing really modified in it... just added some apps and thats it...

Sorry guys I am very frustrated that this ****ing phone is so temperamental... and it cannot just work...

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

There was a problem syncing from iCal from Mac to the iPhones Calendar. It's was always ok the other way around. Are you updated both with OSX & iOS? If not, that could be the issue. I remember there was an update not to long ago that specifically mentioned the fix for calendar syncing issues.

I'm updated on both and syncing calendars works flawless for me now. The last time I had any problems was last winter.

3. James Cole thread starter macrumors 6502

What Problem was it? I also noticed that on Ical on my Imac I set my appointment at 5pm and if I log in to mobile me website same appointment is set at 3pm????? whats up with that???

4. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

That part sounds like the time zone is wrong in mobile me. (account>personal info.)
    fwiw, I run 3 calendars on my iphone, my mac (ical) and mobileme. No problems for me either.

5. James Cole thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah... you are right! already fixed... still there is a big problem with the syncing.... what can I do.. it just doesnt work...

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Well I never had any problems with the Mobile ME calendar. That always synced well for me. It was the iCal problem I was referring to, and that works fine now.

7. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Are these calendars you MADE in ical? (ie not gcal or some other app)

8. James Cole thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I only use Ical in my computers...

9. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Let's take a step back in the trouble shooting. My setup is 2 iPhone4's an iPad 2, an iMac, and finally a MacBook.

If I add anything to any one device, they all usually sync up within a few mins. iPhone's might need a close of the calendar app then a reopen to get the sync up. iPad 2 the same thing. So I know it works at least on my end. (Yes I do have MobileMe)

So the iPhone 4's setup is pretty straight forward. You added all the MobileMe account stuff with the calendar as well.. duh :D

The Mac side have you made sure your MobileMe settings in your preferences is setup to Synchronize with MobileMe "Automatically"? as well as having it checked and your "Calendars" checked?

10. IrishVixen, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011

IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I worked my way through some MobileMe iCal/iPad issues with the help of this yesterday:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3397

There's a whole section on troubleshooting sync specific to iOS devices. I had an issue where appts made from the phone weren't showing on the iPad after sync--ran through almost the whole list of troubleshooting tasks before finally changing from "Sync all events" to "Sync last 3 months". That, for some reason, cleared the iPad issue and now everything shows correctly again.

But going through all the steps did help me confirm that the jailbroken phone wasn't the issue, as everything in my case was correctly uploading from the phone to the web. Just wasn't feeding to the iPad (which is totally stock firmware). It's great when it all works...wish it all "just worked". :rolleyes:

11. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I was going to tell you that my wife syncs five calendars with no issues but when I read it was JB I assumed it was your issue and not MobileMe's.