Mobile Me Domain Names

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by TheMacbookMan, Jan 16, 2009.

1. TheMacbookMan macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am thinking of buying mobileMe when I purchase iLife 09 when it is released in late January. I am interested in publishing a website using my mobile me account. Currently I am just doing some basic publishing using the websapce provided by my ISP. But I would really like a personalised domain name.

I have a few questions regarding this. (Please keep in mind that I have little experience in web page design)

1. When you purchase a mobile me account do you choose a domain name at the start or is this decided later. (and can it be changed?)

2. Does having a domain name entitle you to a website such as www.yourdomainname.com or is it like www.mobileme.com/yourdomainname becuase I already have the later.

3. Assuming that you do get a website adress as in the first case will it cost extra?

Its really question 1 that I would like some more information about.
    I would like to know how these domain names work.

Thanks

I await the replys

2. TheMacbookMan thread starter macrumors newbie

Mobile Me

A thought just occured to me.

I was watching the apple tutorials on their website for mobile me. They showed how to upload a website to mobile me. It seems that they were able to just pick any old web adress. What if someone already has that adress?

3. TLewis macrumors 65816