Mobile me expiration How long do they keep your data

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by mashinhead, Jul 17, 2009.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

So my mobile me will expire tomorrow. and i want to get a better than $99 price. So I want to know how long I have to renew, before they permanantly erase all my data?

2. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

I think it's 90 days. I let mine expire and was able to renew after 6 months though. I deleted everything before it expired though so I don't know if the data would have lasted that long.

3. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

No it's 14 day. 14 Days after you expire you stuff will be deleted.

4. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

so does that mean i can let my free trial expire for..... but then buy mobile me sometime down the line and still keep my current mobile me email?

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Last time I check, they can delete your data the moment your MobileMe expires.

6. Marquito macrumors newbie

You see - lots of different answers - no-one really knows.

But there seem to be two different questions here:
    1: How long before any data you have built up is deleted after the trial period expires?
    2: How long after the trial period expires before your username is deleted?

In my case, I was able to re-activate my username about 5 or 6 months after the trial period. I didn't really have any data associated with the account so I can't remember if that was deleted. However, two dormant .mac email only accounts which I subsequently resurrected came back with all the data intact and they had languished much loger than 6 months.

I have no idea if there's a strict deadline that Apple enforce about all this - why not ask them?