Mobile Me Family Pack, iWeb and multiple domains

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by cineboxx, Oct 20, 2009.

1. cineboxx macrumors newbie

This seems to be a common problem from my research, but I have yet to find a solution. I have recently upgraded to Family Pack in MobileMe with the aim of setting up multiple websites in iWeb.

What is the process required to make this happen? I can set up an email account for a "family" member, but when I go to iWeb's site publishing settings, the MobileMe account always comes up as the principal user, me.

How can I change the settings in iWeb to reflect other accounts that I am setting up in MobileMe?

thanks.

2. chester14 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. Each user account on a Mac can only have one Mobile Me account, iWeb uses this Mobile Me account, and doesn't support more.

The only solution I can think of is the following:

Create and manage all your iWeb sites on your 'master' user account on your favorite mac with all the resources to you available (iPhoto etc). Create a new user account. Share the folder where an iWeb website resides with the new user on your Mac. Login to the new user account. Here you can setup the other Mobile Me account, and publish another iWeb site, from the shared folder from the master user account, to the other Mobile Me account.

At least this way you can create and maintain all your sites on one place. Only when you want to publish other sites, you temporary have to switch users on the mac.