Mobile Me (Find My iPhone) Keeps signing me out.

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Azzin, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Azzin, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011

Azzin macrumors 68040

Hi all,

When Find my iPhone went free recently with 4.2.1, I decided to get it for my iPad and my i4 and signed up accordingly.

Thie issue I have now is that that when I fire up the app on my phone or iPad, it tells me that the password is wrong and I have to sign in again.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I couldn't use my existing iTunes account when I signed up?

It wouldn't let me use it as it wanted A) an email address as a sign in name and B) a capital letter in the password and as my existing iTunes account had neither, I had to create a new log on using my email address and a new password.

When I do log in it's fine and it locates the device, but it appears that it would be pretty pointless in the event that I did lose it.

Help!

2. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

I've answered my own query here-there isn't really a problem!

I was thinking that if I'm not signed into the app, then the device isn't trackable. :eek:

Actually, it doesn't matter whether I'm signed in or not as when I do sign in both devices are still trackable!

I'm presuming it auto signs you out as a security measure to stop someone (if they did manage to find and log on to your phone) from disabling the app.

Either way, panic over! :D