Mobile Me...for me?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Penguinwrangler, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Penguinwrangler macrumors regular

There may be a more pertinent place to post this, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on whether MobileMe would be a worthwhile investment for the average person. My office may be switching over to a fully functional Exchange server soon, which might render this question moot, but right now MobileMe seems like an attractive alternative, but I have no idea if I'll use it enough to make it worth it. Anyway, thoughts from others who have given this more consideration than I have would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

i'm already a .mac subscriber, but i fully plan on renewing/continuing my subscription. the push email is almost enough to have me signed up, but add to that push cal's and push address book and i'm sold.

i'm also thinking there will be a movement towards having your ~/documents folder stored "in the cloud" as well. sort of like "back to my mac" but accessable from any computer with a web browser.
    (ie. the "new" idisk, will be much more thoroughly implemented on the mac side, and accessable on windows, iphone, any internet enabled device.)

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have no idea why I signed up for .Mac begining of this money and even more clueless why I got the 30GB of space. And it's not really worth it that much, but it's useful once you have it.

Now I find I am using it a lot now; I back up my important documents to iDisk and it makes everything accessible.

You said your company is getting Exchange? That is nothing to do with Mobile Me; you just have to have a device that's compatible and Mail/Entourage already does Push. It's just that Push will work on Mobile Me mail as well now (or will).