Mobile Me for my family

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Loves2spoon, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

We have 3 iPhone 4's and would like to get a mobile me family pack. Is there a discount available for family like the individual $60 a year?

If so how and where can we sign up? Thanks

2. Jemi9OD macrumors regular

Jemi9OD

eBay is the best bet - pretty easy to find good prices there.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

4. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I just bought a family pack for 79.99 shipped off of ebay last week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sealed-Apple-Mo...MILY-pack-/250685150512?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Fatwallet.com has 1% cash back and sign up to eBay Bucks as well to save some more money. I bought mine from that very seller, and you can trust him. Mine was sealed and brand new, the box was a little crushed, but it wasn't opened or anything. Code worked fine.

There are other auctions as well.

That is the 2010 version, but it doesn't really matter what year you get. The box is literally a pos with a code inside. You almost feel ripped off lol.

5. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

So how does MobileMe work? Is there a cd with a key you enter or is it online?

How do you get the contacts from your iPhone to mobileme? It won't erase everything if you sync from the iPhone for the 1st time does it?

Sorry very confused.

6. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

No it won't erase anything. It will copy the contacts off of your iPhone and put them on MobileMe and then it will sync them from then on.

The box just has an activation code in it and you go to the sign up page on www.me.com/activate, enter the code, and create your account. There is no CD, the box has a folded up pamphlet inside with your activation key and a very brief overview of MobileMe features.

One thing to know about the Family Pack (just in case you weren't aware), only the primary email address gets 20 GB of email and iDisk space, the 4 sub-accounts are limited to 5GB for iDisk and email (2.5 GB email + 2.5 GB iDisk although you can change how much space you want to allocate).

7. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

I trialed and then bought MobileMe off of amazon a few weeks ago for $45 (via a reputable 'other seller') for all of our family iPhones and ipod touch devices (on an individual plan) and love it. No battery impact and incredibly precise. The other MoMe functions are a bonus. The integration (gallery, idisk, contact synching, sending videos directly to the gallery off of the iphone) between my MBP and our iPhones is far more useful than I thought it would be.