Mobile Me Galleries?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by precator, Jun 6, 2011.

1. precator macrumors member

Anyone know what will happen to Mobile Me Galleries? They made no mention of this to my knowledge..

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Apple has only published very limited details:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4597

MobileMe will close on June 30th 2012

They only mention Mail, Contacts, Calendar and Bookmarks.

I only use Gallery, iDisk and Mail - so I'm quite worried that iCloud will be totally useless for me.

3. MacProPIMP macrumors member

Alternatives

the only alternatives I see is Picasa or Flickr, Aperture and iPhoto have Flickr integration and quicktime x will get flickr integration in Lion as well. I think I am going with flickr if apple drops galleries. It's $25 a year for 100GB, and you can upload 90 sec HD videos clips when syncing through aperture as well. The google plugin support for Picasa in aperture is nice, but it ignores videos. It's also not a sync tool, it's an upload tool, flickr stays in sync in Aperture like galleries does.

4. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I am going to use the iCloud feature to save my photos on my device and back up the photos by using Facebook to upload my photos and because of the social aspect of showing my friends the photos.

Simple and wirelessly.

5. MacProPIMP macrumors member

Facebook is a good social platform for photos, definitely not a good choice for backup. Flickr let's you choose to share new galleries with fb, and allows you to upload photos as large as 20mb. You get what you pay for.