Mobile Me login

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by theslaz, Dec 25, 2010.

1. theslaz macrumors 6502

Trying to set up the"Find My Phone" feature on a Iphone 4. When I put my login information for "MobileMe"; I get an error. I'm using the same user name and password that I use for the Apple store ( which I checked and it is correct and working). This is on my Iphone. When I try to sign in on my computer; I get the same error.
    Any suggestions???

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your quick reply. I will contact them after the holidays as I'm not in a big hurry for this feature.

4. LMD75 macrumors 6502

You need to be on the latest 4.2.1 IOS. I was getting this issue before I upgraded.

5. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Not only that, while it will work for older models, I recall it has to be set up on an iPhone 4.

6. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

That could be the problem as I haven't upgraded. Will do so asap!
    Thanks

7. pclaro macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

The disaster with MobileMe starts when you have a couple of Macs and one iPhone that you sync all with that failing service. You start to receive all kind of surprises: revival of dead events in your schedule, contacts repeated 30!! times each (not all, just some, randomly) etc.

8. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Don't intend on using their service; just want to sign up for the lost phone location service!