Mobile Me - Lost or stolen, what to do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldinboy17, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I just purchased Mobile Me Family for our iPhones/iTouch's. Anyways, I always wondered what you could do if it was lost or stolen. I would assume if it was stolen you could simply call up your local police department and tell them you know its exact location. What if it was lost and somebody else had it? What could you do? I'm sure each state has its own laws, but does anyone know say California's law on this? Thanks a ton.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I seriously don't think they're going to dispatch an officer to track it down personally for you.

3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Police love MobileMe, there are a growing number of success stories.

4. RichBrewski macrumors member

Well my local police are pretty darn bored down here.

5. Goldinboy17 thread starter macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Seriously? If it's stolen I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to get an officer to help me retrieve it. I live in a (small?) city of about 30,000. Maybe it'd be more difficult if you lived in say Houston or New York. Either way, I don't see way it should be difficult to retrieve stolen property if you have solid proof of it's location.

6. molala macrumors 6502a

Using MobileMe, you can send a message first to appear on screen. Like your phone number or email address. So the "finder" has no excuse for not contacting you.

I would be honest with the police if you are not sure you just lost it. But if it is moving as you track it on MobileMe, then someone has it and just isn't returning it to you.