Mobile Me Multiple computers- Question

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Soverc, May 18, 2009.

1. Soverc macrumors member

I have an iMac , MBP and MB I use the MBP and the iMac wife uses the iMac and MB. What I would like to be able to do is have the Documents folder and desktop synced between them in the appropriate user account.

Can mobile me do this for me or is there a better tool ? We have no need for the web hosting or email or contact syncing.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

MobileMe will not sync Folders.

It will sync:
    Bookmarks
    Calendars
    Contacts
    Dashboard
    Docks
    Keychains
    Mail Accounts
    Mail Rules, Signatures, and Smart Mailboxes
    Notes
    Preferences.

I use MobileMe to keep my calendars and contacts synced and then Chronosync to keep my Document folders synced.

3. BroadcastDoc macrumors 6502

BroadcastDoc

Not true...check out:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=613727

Scroll down to post #4. I sync my documents just fine.

Create a local iDisk on each computer. On that local disk, create a Documents folder. In that folder create all the folders you'd normally have in your local documents folder. Create aliases in your local folder to those iDisk folders you just created.

While it's not really synching your docs folder, it's pretty transparent because of the aliases. Bonus: You can also access them using MobileMe on the web.

Auto-sync! Been doing it that way for a long time now...

4. Soverc thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

I had just downloaded the demo for Chronosync. Thanks for the info was unsure but was suspecting that mobileme was not for me.

5. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.101 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

There is also dropbox (www.getdropbox.com) it doesn't utilize mobileme but its free and works fantastically.