Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buzby70

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2009
Mobile me is not updating my calendars. Example would be adding an appointment on my iPhone but it's not updating my calenders on my desktop or within MobileMe. I've given it 24 hours, but it's not doing it. Am I doing anything wrong? :cool:

g3ski

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2002
yes. Calendar events created on the iphone are not showing up on computer

Me too.

Calendar events created on the iphone are not showing up in Outlook on Macbook (bootcamped) This just started today, Monday April 20, 2009.

richiebarthez

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2009
I'm desperate for help with iCal & Mobile Me, my calendars are quite honestly f*cked! I have tried reversing Sync resetting devices and it keeps on syncing all the time 100's sometimes thousands of events but when I look nothings been synced.

I spent two hours on the phone to Mobile Me tech support. Who fixed it for one evening then the following morning the mysterious invisible events started trying to continously sync again. Now nothing syncs on any web based or software based iCal.

All this started about two weeks ago but worked flawlessly since the Mobile Me launch last summer :-(

Just to be clear everything else, Address Book, Push email syncs perfectly through two iPhones and two Macs :confused:

g3ski

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2002
clean cal sync?

One option is to export or backup your iCal locally to your hard drive. Then empty out iCal of all events. Sync to MobileMe with iCal overwritting data to clear out MobileMe. Did that work? Create a new test event in each place; iphone, mobile me, iCal. Did they all sync?

richiebarthez

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2009
One option is to export or backup your iCal locally to your hard drive. Then empty out iCal of all events. Sync to MobileMe with iCal overwritting data to clear out MobileMe. Did that work? Create a new test event in each place; iphone, mobile me, iCal. Did they all sync?

I tired this but couldn't work out how to wipe the existing calendar in iCal first?

g3ski

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2002
In the left column, choose a calendar, right-click, then delete. That will remove all calendar events associated with the calendar. Repeat for any other calendars (ie family, personal, work, etc.)

mannix87

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2005
in the southeast
Me too.

Calendar events created on the iphone are not showing up in Outlook on Macbook (bootcamped) This just started today, Monday April 20, 2009.

this is happening to me too. everything else is working fine. push mail/ contacts/calendar sync. but all iCal data created via my iPhone wont show up in my iMac & macbook iCals.

seahorse216

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2009
Mobile Me / iCal - not updating

I have been having this problem for over 6 months. It started 2 months after everything was working beautifully with my home mac, work mac and mobile me.

Then, ical began hanging, couldn't edit existing events, crashing ical, crashing my system, screwing up my iphone.

I've spent 10 hours with apple support and have gotten nowhere. They claim i'm the only one with the problem. i've erased my calendars, restarted everything, isynched, clear synched, everything apple has told me to do. i've disabled mobile me, and re-enabled it, finally gave up. Apple claims to have escalated my problem up to engineering, but it's been 2 months and i've heard nothing. i'm getting ready to throw my iphone in the pacific ocean and go back to blackberry, which i loathe. but i'm at a loss about what to do. if anyone can figure this out, please, please please tell us!

sorry for the rant, i'm at my wits end looking for an answer.

g3ski

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2002
create a new user

seahorse216,

Try setting up a new user in sys prefs, log out, then log in as that user. See If things work. If they do, then the problem is somewhere in your user profile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.