Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Axl Rose

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
I just started using the trial to see if i would like it.But 4 out of 5 times when i log into it on the web(im on a pc and dont want to sync it with outlook or whatever)it says that mobile me is down due to some sorta server issue.Is this normal behavior or is here maintenance going on for about the last 4 days?

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
I'm having the same problem. Every time I try to access Mobile Me mail via the web, it says the service is unavailable. I just don't understand how a company can keep doing such a poor job. I keep trying to give them a chance, but the service just never seems to be getting any better.

BroadcastDoc

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
That's odd. I've logged in several times today (and the past few days) and haven't had any problems.

What OS/Browser are you guys using?

I'm on 10.5.6 using Firefox. No problems here.

Axl Rose

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Im using vista with firefox,it works once in awhile like i mentioned.

BroadcastDoc

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
That's really odd. I know that MM has issues with IE6 and IE7 (which drives me nuts) but should behave just fine with Safari or Firefox.

Have you filed a bug report with Apple? I don't have Vista, otherwise I'd play around with it. If I get a few minutes later on, I'll try it with XP and Firefox.

MisterMac

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2008
There is obviously something wrong with MobileMe at the moment because when I visit me.com through Firefox 3 (on 10.5.6) it says browser unsupported. Then, if I switch to Safari it lets me see the login page but won't accept my username or password! Very strange....

However, desktop Mail and iPhone Mail seem to be working fine.

MisterMac

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2008
MobileMe through Firefox is working for me now. The unsupported browser message was caused by a recent update to the Ubiquity Firefox extension.
I had to uninstall Ubiquity, then go to about:config and right click on general.useragent.extra.ubiquity to reset the value and it worked immediately.

JonSatriani

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2009
Just confirming that removing Ubiquity and resetting the general.useragent.extra.ubiquity key in about:config fixed my "unsupported browser" issue in FF3 as well. Thanks for the info MisterMac!

-JonS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.