mobile me outlook

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LisaC, Jun 20, 2008.

1. LisaC macrumors newbie

Mobile Me with work Outlook

I'm new at this & hope someone can help. My workplace has outlook and uses Microsoft Exchange with current smartphones. However, my IT folks are not going to support Iphone at this time. If I purchase Iphone on my own, will I be able to use Mobile Me to get to my outlook email (without the use of Exchange from the Company side)?:D

2. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

You want your company email to be sent to your phone via mobileme?

3. LisaC thread starter macrumors newbie

yes - company email to Iphone through Mobile me

Does it depend on POP, company security, etc?

4. tobytoby macrumors member

Do they support Exchange Activesync though (i.e. do other people in your organisation use WM smartphones to sync?)? If so, you should be able to use the Exchange Activesync features of 2.0. Failing that you could always create a server-side rule to forward your mail to an external address such as Mobile Me (although many companies prohibit this and your mail wouldn't be reconciled to your inbox on Exchange server).

5. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

In outlook 2003/2007 you can set up a filter that forwards all your mail. But I am not sure if that outlook client needs to stay open for the filter to work.

I really think you should talk to your security/IT folks about it though. I wouldn't want someone to potentially lose their job over getting work email on their iPhone without permission.

6. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

By the sound of the post this person doesn't seem to have rights to make server side filters/forwards. I would really look into the Activesync method.

7. LisaC thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Toby & Diamond. Those answers were a big help.

8. LisaC thread starter macrumors newbie

Active sync

Sounds like I need to get the IT folks to set it up with Active Sync. Thanks.