Mobile Me - push notifications on home screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lars666, Aug 2, 2009.

1. lars666 macrumors 6502a

Hi everybody,

just a short question: I use MobileMe and push on my iphone. The red little number counter on the Mail symbol works fine, but I thought I would also get a text preview on my home screen when a new mail arrives - the same way it works with SMS. Is this possible without or with jailbreak? If yes, would be nice if you could give me a note. Thanks in advance!

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

it can't be done on a non jailbroken phone as far as the jailbreaking programs im not sure

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

With jailbreak get GRiP, it will add a notification in the corner of your screen, similar to Growl for OSX (GRowl for iPhone = GRiP)

4. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

I too am waiting for this to happen in a non-jb

D

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Heh, I never realized that's why it was called Grip :eek: Anyway, I second that- Grip is great, I love it. It does exactly what the OP is looking for.

6. lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks as always for the fast, kind answers. I don't understand why Apple doesn't include this notification like with SMS - which would be, at least for me, the REAL nice and wanted email push feature. (Only seeing the red number and having to open Mail to check who wrote doesn't benefit THAT much ...) I'll consider if this if reason enough for me to jailbreak. (Probably not.) Thanks again!