Mobile Me Question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Abyssgh0st, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Okay, so me and my grandma are planning on getting a family pack MobileMe account to save money instead of having two accounts. She has a trial account currently, so from what I understand is tomorrow I go buy the family pack box set, set up my account (which will be the master account), cancel her account (disable synching on her iPhone before hand), add her account under account options in my account, and viola.

Now here's my question:

Since we will both be on the same 'family pack,' will she be able to view my emails, find my iPhone, pictures, or anything else? And vice versa.

What I'm hoping is that even though they are in the same family pack, you will have to log in with each specific account (via password) to see mail, contacts, etc.

Thanks!

2. Panzo macrumors 6502

sorry man your grandma will have full access to your videos of you doing the nasty.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

No.

Separate logins. Separate everything. The only thing that will be different is that one of you will have a limited account in terms of storage space. Everything else is like an individual account.

Having a shared calendar is actually a highly requested feature but it can be implemented with a bit of patience (setting up a "family" login that only syncs to the calendar etc)

But it don't come that way out of the box.

4. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Panzo- You made me laugh, thanks. She is actually the one that wants us to not be able to see each others stuff :eek:

Eddyisgreat- Thanks a bunch, you've just saved me $50 :p