Mobile Me Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Locoboof, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

-with mobile me can I link my bla bla@yahoo.com email address to my mobile me account and emails will go directly to mobile me and then get pushed to my iphone?

-is the mobile me software I need to install on my computer first then I can access it from any other computer as long ans it has a Internet connection? or I don't need to install any software I just go to me.com when its available and sign up and pay 99.00 that day and now I have access to it?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

3. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

well I know that but if you go to apple.com and click on mobile me to buy it says free shipping,now why would I need shipping on a service?

4. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Aite. You can (depending on what service) forward your past email to your mobile me. Just check the settings and look for forwarding.

If you have a mac, all the software you need for mobile me is already installed. On your iphone/touch and PC its all on the web. No installs requried.

MobileMe does not ship. You sign up on the internet.

You can pick up a MobileMe box (when it comes out) from your apple store. I am not sure how this works.

5. jdavtz macrumors 6502a

I don't think Yahoo mail allows forwarding. They want to lock you into their service - they don't even provide IMAP.. Though they do (did?) provide push email to iPhone users (only) - so you might not even need/want to use mobileme for your email needs.

6. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

It is a service but you need software to use it.

7. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

well I really hope i can link my current email addresses to it otherwise all the push stuff for email won't mean anything to me. I have 2 email addresses. Now that would be dumb to get mobile me and have to check 3 email addresses everytime right?

8. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

Yes. Only get mobile.me for the other services, not for email