Mobile Me Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ks-man, Jul 10, 2008.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking about buying Mobile Me (don't have .mac right now).

I have a couple of questions about it.

Do you only get one e-mail account? If both my wife and I wanted to have separate e-mail addresses would we have to buy two copies of it?

Also will the push functionality work between Mac, PC, Iphone and IPT work if we use some other e-mail address (we both use yahoo mail right now)? Is there still value in mobileme even if you don't want to change your e-mail address?

Finally does mobieme include iweb or some other web creation kit? We are expecting our first baby in a few months and so I'm wondering if we are going to want this application for sure once the baby is born.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just found out that iweb is already installed on our mac so that answers that question.

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Yes, only one with the regular plan. You can buy/add more email addresses via the web interface (last I checked it's like 10 bucks more per email) You'll get email aliases but they all are tied to 1 email account so aliases wouldn't allow for seperate emails, they'll all filter into one account. Best bet is to fork out the 10 bucks and add another email address.

It's a feature of me.com, not yahoo.com. So it's tied to your me.com/mac.com regarding the push feature.