Mobile Me Sync Icon??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Houls, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Houls macrumors member

Does anyone know how I can get rid of the Mobile Me sync icon that recently made an appearance on my menu bar and now refuses to leave? I don't even use Mobile Me so I have no idea how the icon got there and I can't find any way to disable it. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. kolax macrumors G3

System Preferences --> MobileMe --> Sync tab then tick off Show status in menu bar ;)

3. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Even easier, hold down the command button on the keyboard and drag it off the menu bar. You can do that with any other one that is annoying you.

4. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

Yeah I love Apple + click/drag, makes me feel powerful, haha.

Both methods work well, you can choose either!

5. Houls thread starter macrumors member

Sweet

The click and drag is a cool little trick I didn't know about. Thanks for both suggestions!!

6. Momofthree macrumors member

I know this is an old thread but I just had this problem also....thankfully I googled it and found a thread about....

I wonder how it gets there. I don't have a MM account and there is no way to uncheck anything in system prefs about the sync tab...just has a login in button area and sign up/learn more.

7. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

If in iCal, Address book, or mail you have allowed sync with your gmail/yahoo account it uses the same sync agent thing that puts the menu bar icon up there....

8. Momofthree macrumors member

no just with my iphone....for the ical.....I don't use the google/yahoo stuff