Mobile Me - What do you use it for?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by madmak, Jun 12, 2010.

1. madmak macrumors member

I have been over the fence on MobileMe. The main attraction for me is the find lost phone feature but 100 bucks seem a bit much for it. The mail/calendar/storage features are attractive but not sure how much I'd use them. Wanted to get a feel from fellow folks here on how they use MM. Attaching a poll.

2. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

3. eldervovichka macrumors regular

I use MM every day. I teach part time at a community college and iDisk stores all my docs and sync's to all my Mac's and iDevices. My wife and I love the email, calendar, and contact syncing. Everything works for us. We have a family plan that even my parents use. I don't get as much junk mail with MM as I did with MSN or Google so that is a plus as well!

Jeff

4. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

I also use it for Back to My Mac everyday to work from home after leaving the office.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use it to keep my calendar, mail, and contacts synced between iPhone, iMac, MBP.

6. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Use it everyday as well. Keeps all my contacts and calendars up to date and I am able to sync them to both my wife and I's iphones. Very handy!

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

8. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

if you go into the store you can get a 30 dollar discount so it will come down too 60 dollars :D. But ya for 60 i think is more worth it. I use mm for mail mostly. The mail that finally doesnt have junk in it. Plus I use the contact sync and calendar sync a lot between two of my computers and iphone :)

9. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

10. sananda macrumors 68020

11. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

I'm not knocking anyone who's subscribed, but where's the checkbox for “I don't have MobileMe because it's not worth $100 a year?” it's a nice service, but not $100-a-year nice... Especially when Google is basically giving you the same thing for free with Android.

12. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

Who pays $100 for MobileMe?!

Heck, I earn money using MobileMe :p

13. f00f macrumors 65816

f00f

There's been a rumor or two (on this site) that MobileMe may become a free service. Frankly I think it would have to be if Apple has any dreams of competing with the free services offered by the Google cloud.

Anyway I've been using Me for keeping data in sync across all my Apples devices -- address books, calendars, bookmarks and dock items. Don't use it for email much though.

14. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I heard the rumor too. I was hoping so much for that!

15. pika2000 macrumors 68040

I use it for all of the above except photo sharing.

16. euphrus macrumors member

i would totally use all the features of mobileme if i didnt have to pay per year for it...it should be free to use. Apple needs to provide this service for free in order to stay competitive with other businesses' services

17. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

+1. I use Mail, Contacts, and Calendar with Google and Dropbox for photos and documents and it works perfectly fine for free. The only thing I can see useful in Mobile Me is Find My iPhone although to be fair there may be way more to it because I haven't used it so I don't have first-hand experience.

18. pika2000 macrumors 68040

If you only have 1 Mac, then yeah, maybe the value is not there. But for users with multiple Macs, imo it's well worth the money for the syncing alone. I do agree that Apple need to turn mobileMe into a freemium service (free for the basics like email and small amount of storage), and put more value into the paid version (aka more storage). With Apple going into the advertising business, I do see it happening in the near future.