Mobile me....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sebgreen, Jun 11, 2008.

1. sebgreen macrumors regular

Hey,

Reading the docs about mobile me...... it states that it can be used with windows and outlook etc but will it work with a blackberry?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Seb :)

2. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

well, its not designed to, if you can sync a blackberry through isync or outlook then that info will inturn be synced to mobile me but no direct syncing to 'the cloud'.

3. rontheancient macrumors regular

The answer to this could also be how Apple plans to integrate mobileme to Outlook. My best guess is

1-Setup Outlook for mobileme via the Exchange Server Account option, which could work on Blackberries if they support Exchange

2-Install a converter like the one for Zimbra, onto the PC, in which case I dont have a clue as to how to get it on Blackberries.

4. graxspoo macrumors newbie

MobileUs

I think Apple needs to think more about how this is all supposed to work when multiple people are involved. For example, my wife has a BlackBerry, I have an iPhone. Is MobileMe any good for us? Probably not.

They don't even really talk much about how this works when multiple people are involved. For example, can multiple family members all enter events on the same calendar? Can a family have a shared address book that gets pushed to everyone? Photos? If I've subscribed to another family member's calendar, are their entries automatically pushed to my iPhone when they make changes, or only when my desktop iCal app manages to update itself? What about small businesses?

The odd thing is, that MS Exchange was really designed as a collaborative tool, not as something to be used in isolation. Apple has taken it and turned it into a personal sync tool.

I would rather my iPhone be able to sync via Bluetooth, the way most other smart-phones can, than pay $100 a year to sync over the internet. Am I alone in this?