Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirkbross

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Los Angeles
I do understand that the mobile revolution is here to stay, and grow, and take over everything, delivering instant, pure, molten cash into the slurping faces of wide-eyed advertisers who believe the world is far more content hungry than it actually is...

but...

...until every company in the world, small and large, ditches the desktop then desktop-oriented operating systems will need to exist and will need to be different than mobile "Twinkie" operating systems.

I don't want my desktop operating system turning into an iPhone. I don't want it to be any more convenient or integrated with apps and services.

If Mavericks is anything like Windows 8, then somebody at Apple needs to get fired.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
I do understand that the mobile revolution is here to stay, and grow, and take over everything, delivering instant, pure, molten cash into the slurping faces of wide-eyed advertisers who believe the world is far more content hungry than it actually is...

but...

...until every company in the world, small and large, ditches the desktop then desktop-oriented operating systems will need to exist and will need to be different than mobile "Twinkie" operating systems.

I don't want my desktop operating system turning into an iPhone. I don't want it to be any more convenient or integrated with apps and services.

If Mavericks is anything like Windows 8, then somebody at Apple needs to get fired.

You are WRONG! Beside Mavericks so far in BETA is turning out great and the new SMB2 it uses will be a bone to OS X in Networking.

When you grow up you will realize the that computers aren't going anywhere. They are even multiplying into cars, motorcycles, businesses large & small, etc.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
For your first sentence, you're in luck. The case that OS X is "becoming iOS" is grossly overstated.
OS X is still certified Unix, and you can write your own software and scripts for it.

As for your second sentence, there is nothing wrong with OS X including features that make it more convenient and integrated with other devices or technologies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.