Mobile Share-10gb plan throttled?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pharmac, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Pharmac macrumors newbie

I have had outstanding service from ATT for years now, when they upgraded to LTE in my area I pulled anywhere from 10-40 down as measured by the speedtest app. Safari was sure snappy! :p I have had the 'Data pro 2GB' package for my wife and I for 4+ years. Two weeks ago, I changed to the 10GB share plan and noticed this week everything has been very slow. I opened up speedtest, and now I'm only getting 0.07 to 4 down. I have restarted, rebooted many times. Anyone else notice speed problems when changing to new plans?? I thought it was a tower problem, but my new results are consistent around town. :confused::confused: I changed so I could tether to my laptop, but these speeds make it unusable. Anyone else with similar experiences? The 2GB plan is gone now, and I fear a war trying to get it back if this is indeed the problem.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The mobile share plans aren't throttled. Call AT&T and ask them if they're having any network issues in your area.

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

You shouldn't be throttled on the capped plans. Have you spoken with AT&T about it?

4. Wide opeN macrumors 6502

Wide opeN

5. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

My plan bill cycle just ended yesterday - we had one gb left and my last speedtest yesterday is below

Attached Files:

6. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

Maybe try resetting network settings first. Also go to settings>general>about and see if carrier settings get updated.

7. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Here's mine on mobile share plan. Isn't throttled for me.

Attached Files:

8. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

As said above they would not throttle you on capped plans. They will just charge more if you go over.

9. Pharmac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the insight, I have some follow up to do with ATT. I tried resetting network, no dice so far.

10. AFDoc macrumors 68030

So, what does your performance have to do with OP's?

Most likely a network issue OP.... I find my service (top speed service that is) is hit and miss.

11. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

Because if the plan was throttled And he and I are on the same plan - those speeds would be impossible ,,,,,it's called an visual example

12. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

more likely when you changed plans something got messed up on AT&T's end. Go into an AT&T store get a new SIM card and tell them to re-partition it.