mobile substrate addons

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Omarsoso, May 3, 2013.

1. Omarsoso macrumors newbie

hello guys
    im in a trouble
    i have sbsettings installed and i installed so many tweaks
    my problem is that i disabled them for the mobile substrate section in sbsettings app without reading that warning
    and i uninstalled some tweaks and i did what was in the warning
    now i want to clean up my device(iphone 5 6.1)
    as i cant restore my iphone (unless i upgrade which means i will lose jailbreak)
    now what things can i do??
    note: i mean by cleaning up my device is to get the tweaks leftover removed

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

You should be able to "SHIFT" Restore and browse to a different IPSW and restore that iOS version.

3. Omarsoso thread starter macrumors newbie

im sorry but i cant i already tried and tried using tinyumberlla
    you can see my other thread
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1576296

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I'm not really familiar with the tools needed to do what you want, I will let a more knowledgeable person than I do that, but the above poster was indeed incorrect, you cannot restore or update to any firmware other than the most current on an iPhone 5. In this case, your only option would be 6.1.4.

Hopefully someone else will be able to point you in the direction it some software tool to help clean up your jailbroken phone.

5. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Just to clarify things a bit, all A5+ devices (iPhone 4s+, iPad2+) cannot downgrade from 6.x to 5.x. (I believe there is an exception for the iPad2, but don't know much about it).

So, that's why saving SHSH blobs is nothing more than a "for the sake of nothing" thing, because they don't work anymore (as they used to on say, 5.x in conjunction with TinyUmbrella/Cydia or using redsn0w to create CFW).

In short, an iPhone 5 can only be currently restored to 6.1.4 and that's pretty much it.