Mobile Yahoo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by notredewey, Dec 5, 2007.

1. notredewey macrumors member

notredewey

Yahoo for me on my touch is not reformatting to the iphone version, even at m.yahoo. I remember having it before but after I restored it I just get the cell phone version of the mobile yahoo. Anyone have an iPod touch that displays the iphone interface of yahoo? Or is there a specific link or anything to get there? Thanks.

2. legacyb4 macrumors 6502

Yeah, I think something's funky. When I hit http://m.yahoo.com, I get a normal non-phone introductory page for what their mobile site SHOULD look like, not the site itself. It's almost like it's not detecting the iPod Touch Safari browser as a mobile browser?

3. notredewey thread starter macrumors member

notredewey

Thanks for your reply. Yea when going to yahoo.com or the one that pre-bookmarked it just takes me to yahoo.com as if you were to visit it on a computer. When going to m.yahoo.com it goes to the site as if you were on a crappy cell phone browser. I mean its not all that big of deal, it just kinda bothers me. Is there any other sort of link or something that would redirect it to the right format. I've cleared the history, cookies, and cache but no luck. Thanks again for your help.

4. aft macrumors regular

I have the same problems....yahoo is really slacking in their software development lately....it took 3 months past the stated release date for Yahoo Go 2.0 on my PPC-6700 and now they are already behing google on iphone compatability. After google's recent release, I'm really thinking of switching....I've been with yahoo since I've had email I really hate to leave but this is killing me.

Edit:Wow re-reading this, this is a really long sentence sorry for all the "..."