MobileChat or Apollo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Aaleck, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I installed MobileChat (Version 2.0.0b) from Installer.app but when I try to sign into my MSN account, it says "Please Wait" and the white bar just keeps moving back and fourth. I've let this do this for a while and it doesn't do anything. Also it always signs me off MSN on my computer when I sign in somewhere else and nothing... Is it a problem with the application or am I just an idiot? If I'm an idiot, please say what I'm doing wrong :p

For Apollo, it just tells me "Error: Package file size mismatch!" I search for solutions and only thing I found was just keep trying and it'll work... I tried probably around 50 times or so (give or take a few) and still gives me the error.

Any help for either one of these problems is greatly appreciated

Edit: OK, I just tried Google Talk and it worked... So I'm guessing theres a bug with MSN? (This is for MobileChat)

2. Aaleck thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Nevermind...I got MobileChat to work... I just had to try to login a few times... odd

3. solyd macrumors regular

For Apollo, if you keep trying, it will eventually work; or you can download the application from http://www.apolloapp.com and install it manually. In my opinion, both of these applications are too buggy for any use. Both of them crashed on my iPod soon after starting on every attempt. For now I'm sticking to Meebo.

4. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

Apollo and MobileChat seem to equally suck.

Don't you dare try to listen to music while texting people on AIM! Oh lawd!

Crash city!

5. solyd macrumors regular

Agreed. I can't wait for a more stable release though.