MobileChat Updated

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Speedracer04, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

If you dont already know, a new version of MobileChat is now in installer.

Looks like a great update with support for .mac, including a great new icon! :D

EDIT: I am having some trouble connecting. Connected fine the first time login, but for some reason now it just seems to be in and enldess "Please wait" with the bar going across cycle....hmmm

EDIT2: nvm, I think it was because my ApolloIM accnt was still set as "Active", anyway working great now. I like it better than Apollo! How about you?

2. Pyro2b macrumors newbie

works great

I just updated, and it works fine at the moment. Not sure if I like apollo or this better.

3. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I think the new features put this ahead of ApolloIM for now. The icon is certainly better

4. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

hooray! i hope this is better than apolloIM. we need a good im client

5. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like you can delete accounts from this.. I typoed when entering my account name and now I'm stuck with it on my list.

6. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

Have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling and entering name again?

7. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

yeah, uninstalling it doesn't remove the accounts.

I wish finder.app had a search function lol

8. TheRuggedLion macrumors member

TheRuggedLion

Not a bad suggestion...

9. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

All the new stuff is because the new mobileChat uses code from ApolloIM now. ;p

10. racemize macrumors member

it appears to stay connected and handle edge wifi switchover a lot better (and it has a better UI). I'm using this one now (at least until the next update war comes).

11. racemize macrumors member

nevermind, not working that great on edge. Did work well on wifi at home, but that's not as good... (It pretends to be online, but if you watch it with your computer it doesn't work).

12. Speedracer04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Does anyone else have trouble connecting using mobile chat? Sometimes it will just sit there with the bar going across forever.

So I go over to Apollo, set my account to active, try to log in, fail. try to log in a second time, it works. So I quit Apollo, deactivate my account, go back over to mobilechat and it works.

Also, I think it would be great if there was a setting for the chat to launch when the iPhone was turned on, so I dont even have to go into the app and login. Its just always on.

13. oxeneers macrumors member

I love MobileChat but I just wish Shaun, the developer, would fix the bug where in the middle of a chat, it will scroll to the beginning of the conversation. UGH.

14. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Seriously.. thats the only bug that stops me from using it!! Other than that, its a great program so far!! Cant wait for large keyboard mode too, and status updates under their names.

15. DamnDJ macrumors regular

DamnDJ

I just installed MobileChat a few minutes ago and I cannot connect. Like some others, it just sits there trying to connect forever and ever.

EDIT: nevermind, I can't connect to Edge at all. Hopefully this is not a result of my modding.

16. Speedracer04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

when this happens the only way i can get it to connect is to go into apollo, connect using that, exit apollo, then start up MobileChat again...not ideal

17. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I just noticed this bug last night (I split time between MobileChat and Apollo and don't use either all that often yet), and it annoyed me to no end. This needs to be fixed!

18. earthsick macrumors regular

swiping in between conversations is a GREAT touch...but yeah, the scrolling issue makes it impossible to use at some points

19. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

Does anyone else have a problem with mobilechat connecting over edge?

20. airfrancisco macrumors regular

anybody know how to keep mobilechat connected? I'm used to having my aim and yahoo messenger on my tmobile sidekick connected throughout the whole day. Hopefully the next update will come with setting with option to select time session before disconnect

21. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I stay connected until I log out, or lose my signal.

22. airfrancisco macrumors regular

I mean like how to stay connected in the background when my iphone is in lock/sleep mode. Every time my phone goes to sleep, it logs off or disconnected.