Mobileinstallation for 2.2 - Doesn't work

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by petercockroach, Nov 24, 2008.

1. petercockroach macrumors newbie

Hey everyone.
    I just upped to 2.2, jailbroken but I can't get MobileInstallation working. I had it working fine on 2.1 and previous versions. When I tried to replace the existing one with the same one I had on 2.1 (and set permissions), the iPod just hung on the pineapple logo. Luckily I still had access through SSH so I could restore the backup.

Do we need a new version of mobileinstallation for 2.2? Is it out? I tried the copy mentioned in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWMi90LJfXg but it hung as well.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks in advance.

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I'm affraid this type of topic could get a guy banned as it is counted as illegal activities.

but yeh check your PM's

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

MobileInstallation is stealing from the App Store. Quit stealing, get a job, and buy those apps. Don't try the I'm poor excuse either, if you had the cash to buy an iPod, chances are, you're not dirt poor. Mods, plz delete this thread.

4. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

5. ipodtouchftw macrumors member

well mobileinstallation isnt actually illegal. ever thought if someone wanted to make their own app and put it on their ipod?

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

you don't need a patched mobileinstallation to have your own app on the iPod once jailbroken, mobileinstallation helps to use the paid for apps from app store for free which is illegal :p

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Oh fine, then some of the time it is 100% illegal. If it is even 1% illegal, the it probably is 100% illegal.