mobileInstalliation

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Tejen Naidoo, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Tejen Naidoo macrumors member

i installed this patch from cydia and now my ipod doesnt work.Spring board loads but no apps load up.Any ideas how to fix this?

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

we're not really allowed to discuss this sort of thing on here as its illegal

but I hear google and "mac geek mobileinstallation" works a treat to solve this problem

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

ACTUALLY, i can think of a legal reason to do that hack:

i wanted to put apps that were made by ME, but apple doesn't let you without paying to use the app store and that hack fixes it (my apps work, but theyre not signed by apple)

4. Tejen Naidoo thread starter macrumors member

Can i ssh into my ipod and delete this file? What is it called? Where should i look? Please help i cannot afford to restore my ipod cos i have like 8 pages of apps and games.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if you read what I put, the first link that should appear in google would be the answer to help you as it is classed as illegal to go step by step with u

6. Tejen Naidoo thread starter macrumors member

i googled it went to the site but all i can find is how to make it work on the ipod.I want to FIX my ipod not make the hack work.

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

8. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

he installed it through cydia, but that screwed up his ipod, so he wants to get RID of it to FIX his ipod.

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

But if I understand correctly, that hack replaces a file on the iPod with a hacked version, so in order to fix that, he'd need the original, unhacked file.

I would think the best bet for the OP if he doesn't have a backup of the original file is to go ahead and follow the directions he found through google. That would hopefully get his phone to a working state. One thing that's for sure is that simply deleting the file won't fix this particular situation -- you need a working copy of the mobileInstallation file on your iPhone.

10. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

surely uninstallin via cydia would replace the file with the original file?

11. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

cydia doesn't show up, yeah you've got a problem here.

What firmware are you running?

(all the suggestions up there won't work, one person was on the right path tho, the thing he installed on cydia replaces the old mobileinstallation file with a new one, so you have replace it with one for the right firmware)

edit: yeah, nvm night spring got it right.

If you tell me what firmware you have I can get you the original mobileinstallation folder

12. Tejen Naidoo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the help guys but i decided to upgrade to 2.1 i was on 2.0 im kinda sad i lost my apps but wat da hell i can always spend the rest of my life gettin them back Lol.thanks again guys i appreciate the help

13. RRutter macrumors 6502

Make sure that you have any type of App, even a free one, downloaded on your iPod Touch. Than, you should be able to open up cracked Apps 100%.

I have never done it and never will do it - it is illegal. This forum post is just education.