MobileIron with iOS9 Public Beta 2

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Voodoofreak, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Voodoofreak macrumors regular

Just wondering if anyone else is using MobileIron with their Exchange server to connect to their work emails.

Ever since I upgraded, I'm unable to get the Mail application to connect to my company's exchange server. MobileIron application works fine (reinstalling the certificates and everything). It's the mail application that fails to connect. I had submitted feedback to Apple on Beta 1 - but looks like it didn't get fixed on the next release.

Appreciate any feedback or comments. Thanks.

2. stbrown macrumors newbie

I have been using MobileIron on PB1 and PB2..both have been working for me without any issues that I can see. I have been receiving and sending mail today using PB2. Does the device show compliant in the MobileIron console?

3. Mad4clay macrumors regular

I use MobileIron and I did have to reset my phone to even get the beta on my phone. Once I restored with my back up. Everything worked like a charm.

4. Voodoofreak thread starter macrumors regular

Yup...it checks in just fine inside MobileIron. It's the Mail app that's somehow failing to connect to the exchange server.

I will see if I can try what Mad4Clay did this weekend and hope it kicks in.

5. Voodoofreak thread starter macrumors regular

Is there a specific set of steps I'm supposed to follow? For some reason I can't restore from iTunes.. It says there was a problem downloading the software... the requested resource was not found.

6. Mad4clay macrumors regular

I had a great backup of my phone before I did the reset of it. Then after the reset, I did the download of the beta and then the restore from itunes and had no problem. Sorry your having issues.

7. eimeria macrumors member

Not exactly the same setup but mobile iron and PB2 is working ok with my company's groupwise server. If only the PB could actually make GroupWise good. :)

An exchange server I have to connect to also works.

8. Voodoofreak thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks again for checking up on the thread and following-up.

How did you do the reset? From inside the phone (general -> settings) or through iTunes?

I made a backup as well so I can certainly restore using that. If this is something I should just wait out - I guess I can do that. I apologize about pestering for issues in a beta stage software.

9. Mad4clay macrumors regular

Again so sorry about just now seeing this. We've had a death in the family. So it's been a bit crazy.

Yes, resetting the entire phone is what I did from the phone.

10. theshoehorn macrumors 6502

No issues here, and we use Office 365 with mobileiron.