MobileMe Alternatives - Hosted Exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by m021478, Aug 6, 2008.

1. m021478 macrumors 6502

Can someone recommend me a company that will support iPhone 3G that will host my domain and offer hosted exchange?

Ideally, I am looking for a free alternative...but if none exist, then perhaps one that won't 'break-the-bank'...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. kevlong macrumors newbie

They wpn;t host your domain, (at least not yet anyway), but they are trying out a hosted Exchange solution.

Look at www.neuvasync.com

Kevlong

4. manchoi44 macrumors member

5. DamnDJ macrumors regular

DamnDJ

6. Encryptic macrumors member

I'm using www.VPSLand.com (Technically they're Exchange hosting is done through a child company called ExchangeSync). Exchange works (don't enter your domain name when you're prompted for your username on the iPhone, otherwise it won't work)

My only main problem is you get stuck with Entourage 2004 until they provide the update.

7. manchoi44 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

it may not be as cheap as mobileme but it sure is more reliable! :)

8. Encryptic macrumors member

well my decision was easy. I prefer to use my own domain.

9. webguy macrumors newbie

Try Kerio

Hey, I'm new to the forum. I'm an IT consultant and have used Kerio as a mail server for several of my clients. It works great with the iPhone and most other phones as well. You can get it hosted also, and it doesn't cost nearly as much as hosted exchange, and is about have the price of MobileMe.

Search the web for Kerio Mail Hosting or go to Kerio's website and they have a list of providers and resellers.

10. klwork macrumors newbie

I work for a company called Apptix we are very mac friendly. I also have mobileme at home. Macs and iphone's are great but if you want real push hosted email that is reliable check us out. Apptix.com

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.