MobileMe Alternatives

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Jeff698, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Jeff698 macrumors newbie

I'm looking for alternatives to MM for use in keeping two iphones and multiple macs in sycnh. What's out there?

I'm relatively happy with email and contact management as my wife and I use two seperate accounts that don't try to stay in synch. The "push"-ness of these two features works well enough for me.

Calendars, on the other hand, doesn't. I need to be able to share calendars back and forth between my iPhone, my desktop iCal and my wife's iPhone and iCal.

Any suggestions?

Take care,
    Jeff

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

You may have to combine multiple systems. What I do is use Google Calendar to manage shared calendars. I then use SyncMyCal (Windows Outlook Environment) to Sync my Google Calendars with Outlook. I then Sync Outloo with MobileMe which is then Pushed to my iPhone. I have about 10 Shared Google Calendars.

3. ec51 macrumors 6502

Check out Mail2Web.

It is a Microsoft exchange type calendar, mail, contacts syncing service....

For free.

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Can't you share your calendar in iCal (Publish I think) and then your wife can subscribe to it?

5. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

For some idiotic reason, Apple has not made subscription calendars (even local subscriptions like Birthdays) available on the iPhone, at least not through MobileMe.

6. lordhamster macrumors 6502a

Do you use Entourage to manage your calendar then? Or just the web interface?