MobileMe and contact groups

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phatzer, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Hey,

I've set up a couple of contact groups on my mac, which I started again a couple of times.

Since my actions, I took a look at my contacts on MobileMe and the groups show as they should.

Problem now is that in addition to the two groups I created, I have an old group with no contacts (which I removed from my mac and synchronized with MobileMe) and another empty group called 'New Group' which I don't know if is part of a group I made or just a random empty group.

Now obviously to a degree, MobileMe supports contact groups, or the ones I made would not be there. The problem I have is that the groups I'm not using aren't being removed from MobileMe to keep in sync with the mac and that groups can't be removed on the iPhone. The only way I can see of fixing the problem is to disable MobileMe and sync with iTunes, but for a £59 a year service, I find that to be unacceptable.

Does anybody have any more information or ways of solving the problem?

Thanks.

2. nickhutson macrumors regular

Yeah - I've had the same problem - and I don't know how to change it. My guess would be to wipe your contacts from the iPhone - if there's a way - and then re-sync using MobileMe. I don't want to risk it though...

Any other folks have an idea? :)

3. Phatzer thread starter macrumors regular

Phatzer

Update

Just to update people on this one:

Today, I added a contact to each of the empty groups that I didn't want. I waited a little, and then they appeared on me.com.

From me.com, I removed the groups, and they have since disappeared from my phone too.

Great success :)