Mobileme and Google Calendar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dissdnt, Jul 4, 2008.

1. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Does anyone know if Mobileme will push/sync with google calendar? My company uses it and i just use Spanning Sync to get it into my ical and iphone etc. But since the main feature now is push would be nice if that all worked for me over the air.

Thanks.

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I think you'd probably still need a 3rd party intermediary like Spanning Sync, I think that Apple is really pushing (pun intended) for people on both sides (Mac & PC) to use Mobile Me and if anything Google Calendars would be considered a competitor of sorts.

3. natasha69 macrumors 6502

I agree. Definitely a need for google calendars to sync with mobileme calendars. Esp since google calendars allows you to schedule aptmnts on other people's calendars. my wife and i use google calendars to setup our master calendar. mobile me does not allow that yet.

4. rioja macrumors regular

I'm not trying to bash MobileMe with this but... after trying to get my Google data working with it (mail, calendar, contacts) I'm thinking it's just not worth the effort.

Really, what's so bad about Google (or Yahoo) mail, cal & contacts? I understand what MobileMe is offering in terms of push & sync and I was excited!! But some of limitations with interoperability with other services is making it a hassle.

Looks like me.com will cater to people looking for something specific, just like .Mac did, instead of the general public of Mac,PC and iPhone users like Apple is hoping.