MobileMe and iDisk reporting wrong storage space

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Daveoc64, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

My iDisk (through Finder, System Preferences and me.com) is reporting that I haven't used any storage space (I just have the 20GB).

If I check my iDisk, there are files there and I don't seem to be missing data, but I'm worried that if it can't tell how much storage I'm using there is a problem somewhere.

Anybody noticed something similar with their iDisk (I guess it could be a temporary issue)?

2. Daveoc64 thread starter macrumors 601

3. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

Mine shows 3kb used and yet I am using 6GB. My actual content looks fine

Looks like Apple is resetting things.... Possibly due to the discontinuation of Home pages and Groups?

4. doobs macrumors regular

It appears that Apple support discussions forum is down...hopefully they fix this soon. All files still seem to be on iDisk, but this is a slightly annoying inconsistency with disk space usage.

5. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

Do not bother to do the usual - turn iDisk off, then turn iDisk back on to reset things... It does not work. Still reads no usage... This process takes 3-days to rebuild 3 Macs local iDisk in my case...

All of my iDisk content is backed up and looks to be intact on Apple's servers at this time - even though iDisk usage is incorrectly reported as "zip", "nadda", "nothin"...

I think this is an Apple issue...

6. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

Just to bump this up...

Looks like MM update is underway 7/1
    The iDisk & account icon's have changed (to the gears like everywhere else)

Say goodbye to "homepage & groups" and Hello to the iDisk app

My iDisk usage has been reporting the wrong amount for about a week now showing 1.5MB of usage when it is really 4GB.

Thinking there was a problem with my account / my data on iDisk and since I keep 3 Mac's in sync I turned off, turned back on local iDisk sync. This process takes 3 days on 3 Mac's... No help on reporting proper amount of iDisk usage...

Now it all makes sense - they are tinkering with MobileMe again... I wish they would tell their Chat agents or let us know...

7. Daveoc64 thread starter macrumors 601

My iDisk is now reporting the correct amount of space.