MobileMe and iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wolfpackfan, Jan 28, 2010.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Do you all think that eventually the iPad (maybe 4.0) will have any special features as far as working with MobileMe? Specifically I wonder if you will be able to sync iDisk so you can open documents in iPad iWorks apps.

2. peterj1967 macrumors regular

Yup...

On the iPhone you can currently get to your gallery and iDisk with apps, so those apps will run on the iPad. The apps are called iDisk and Gallery and both are produced by Apple.

But I think it would be nice if the MobileMe is fully integrated with the OS.

--Pete

3. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Anyone know if contacts/calendar/notes/bookmarks will be able to be synced with MobileMe like the iPhone...?

4. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Good question.

When Steve Jobs talked about syncing over iTunes, the slideshow showed Music, Video, Apps, etc., but no Documents.

I assume there will be MM integration via WiFi. No way to sync documents via USB. Not sure though.

5. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Of course! It's using iPhone OS, so it'll probably work in much the same way.

6. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

No doubt the MobileMe synch will have (at least) the same functionality as it does with the iPhone. The iDisk application that I have on my iPhone allows me to access all the documents I have on my iDisk (and synched through MobileMe). The only issue right now is iPhone's small screen. But the Word and Excel docs should actually be much more viewable on an iPad.

7. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

The documents will probably sync through the iPad's built in File Sharing. Its supposed to mount as a network drive, and that should contain the iWork docs

8. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

That's good news. :) Where do you have that information from? I missed that point.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Do you have documentation on that or is this an opinion? I don't think I saw that the iPad would act as a network drive. Apple has been taking disc mode away from us for the better part of a couple of years. It makes your statement look like BS but then again I may have missed the part where it was said.

10. nineteentwelve macrumors regular

See here. It's from the newly released SDK.

11. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Again. That's good news. :) Thanks for sharing. … ;)

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That's real good news. Thanks.

13. hss1 macrumors member

You can transfer doc's via USB

You can transfer doc's via USB, Apple just stated that when the ipad is plugged in it will show a mounted documents folder within this will be individual folders for each app