MobileME and mobile phone models (urgent help!)

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by wahit, Jun 28, 2009.

1. wahit macrumors member

wahit

Hi guys! Long time no see.....!

I'm having a problem here. I have an iPhone and I'm completely hooked with the sync with MobileME. For me it works just perfectly!

Yet, I have a problem. After almost a year and a half with the iPhone I just can't stand having no physical keyboard. I've tried. Gosh, I really tried. But right now I'm fed up, and since I started to travel a lot because of my work, I need to send messages all the time with the iPhone while I'm driving, and that is... I M P O S S I B L E.

I love the iPhone. I really do. It's perfect. But I really need a physical keyboard.

Now my question is: are there any mobile phone models that are compatible with MobileMe? I mean, am I able to do the same thing with any other mobile phone model what I do with the iPhone? Which is:

- perfect and fast sync
    - sync MUST be on Calendar, Adress Book and Mail
    - if I change something on the mobile phone, it needs to change as well on MobileMe. This is very important.

Help me with this one guys. I'm keeping the iPhone for a non-professional use, but I really really really need a mobile phone with a keyboard.

I would be eternally grateful if you could help. Doesn't matter the brand. Just give me some examples of mobile phones that allow a perfect sync with MobileMe.

Thank you very much!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I wouldn't recommend any phone for sending messages while driving

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. wahit thread starter macrumors member

wahit

haha, true mate. So true...

YEt my problem with sending messages also occurs while I'm very well seated on my sofa. I just can't get along with touchscreens... :( :( I've tried. A lot! But I really need a physical keyboard.

Any help? :confused:

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I thoroughly agree. You attention should be 100% on the road, if not for your sake then for the sake of everyone around you.

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

But... To answer the OP's question - no, there is no other phone that out of the box syncs like the iPhone.

You can, however, use Google as a reasonable intermediary by syncing your 3rd party phone (BB, Pre, etc) to Google Calendar and Contacts, then with your Google loin info, sync iCal, Address Book and Mail on your Mac with Google as well. Support is built in to iCal and Address Book.

On a side note, have you tried the iPhone 3.0 software? The horizontal keyboard makes two-thumb typing WAY easier.

Edit: But, please, NOT WHILE DRIVING!

6. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

I truly think there will be a bluetooth keyboard available soon...

7. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

I agree.. I think it will be here eventually ... not from Apple though.

To the OP I have no answer other then typing really is a memory thing and while i feel your pain, it took my a little adjustment to the touch screen, but you will learn and imaginary spacing and memory of where the letters are etc. With auto-correct you can type and or text without looking preety accurate after a while.

8. kolax macrumors G3

How about pulling over, sending the message, then continuing driving..?

Hope you are the one who gets injured rather than the person you crash into when you are too busy sending a message from your phone than concentrating driving.

9. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

..and in some places illegal, and in all places, stupid.