MobileMe and Rapidweaver?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Soura2112, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

I want to get Rapidweaver since Iweb is limited to who can see my site. My problem is with all the changes to MobileMe coming does anyone know how this will effect Rapidweaver? Reason I ask is because of this quote I read at the bottom of the page....

http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/overview/

"Once your RapidWeaver site is ready to go live it's ridiculously simple to get it online. With built-in support for Apple's MobileMe service, alongside support for FTP & SFTP uploads (used by almost every webhost around) you'll be able to publish your site for the world to see in absolutely no time.

If you've already got webhosting or a MobileMe account, then your site can be online in a matter of minutes - but if you need some hosting for your RapidWeaver website our friends at Little Oak can help you there."

I thought RapidWeaver was to use instead of Iweb with the simplicity of Iweb, I don't know much about coding, so I like the idea of Rapidweaver. I just don't want to buy it now and then on when iCloud comes out I am out of luck. So would I be wasting my money if I purchase Rapidweaver? I was about to buy it till I read that.

Thanks for any info.

2. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Export site in Rapidweaver
    Upload via the Finder (iDisk) to Web/Sites

It kinda slow but it works, or you can just enter you user/password in Rapidweaver then sync....

Though I am hoping Mobile Me when it becomes iCloud wont remove homepage support, it's something I use for my portfolio. As for Rapidweaver support I doubt it will change.

3. AFPoster macrumors 65816

You can always use an FTP client (FileZilla) to upload your documents to your site. Most hosting companies (GoDaddy, and more) also offer ways to upload and maintain. Just because MobileMe is becoming obsolete doesn't mean there isn't work-arounds.