MobileMe blocking incoming email from Mediacom

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Tigertail94, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Tigertail94 macrumors newbie

Over the last month or so, many of my contacts have been having their messages to me rejected and returned or severely delayed. This is true of users with the .mchsi email and users with other emails (yahoo, hotmail, gmail) that have Mediacom as their ISP. I contacted Apple, and they said Mediacom was spamming their servers, so they blocked them, and I needed to contact Mediacom. Which I did, and they said Apple needs to stop blocking their messages, and I need to contact them. I feel like I'm in the middle of a playground fight! Meanwhile, I can't get my email. Easily 70% of my daily email contact is with Mediacom users, because I live in a small town and they are the only cable provider. So I am forced to cancel my MobileMe account and find an alternative to the calendar and email features. I really don't want to, I would much rather use the Apple products- we have all Mac computers, iPhones, etc- I've found it much easier to integrate that way. Has anyone else had this experience, and was it resolved? Any suggestions? It appears neither Apple nor Mediacom is going to budge.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

2. eyekyu macrumors member

i'm having the same sort of problem. it seems all mail from various mailing lists hosted by securityfocus.com appear to be blocked. i originally had mail forwarding through another mail host which wasnt arrived. thinking they were the problem, i subscribed under my @me.com email address and the problem still exists

i guess the next step is to call apple and complain