MobileMe calendar upgrade question

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by c23roo, May 1, 2011.

1. c23roo macrumors regular

My desktop is my main computer (MacPro 1,1 running Leopard 10.5.8) but I also have a MacBook running Snow Leopard (10.6.7). What is the best way for me to go about this upgrade without having to upgrade the Desktop to Snow Leopard? Should I carry out the MobileMe calendar upgrade on the laptop first - or do it on the desktop first (or does it matter)?

I'm not upgrading the desktop to Snow Leopard any time soon. Just don't want to lose my calendars. I am using (and want to continue to use) iCal for my calendar needs, and I sync it to my MacBook and iPhone. Just don't want to lose my calendars because I'm not running Snow Leopard on the main machine.

Help!

- c

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

backup your iCal first. Then install update.

I just lost all of my events. :mad: everything was erased on my Mac. so when I synced it to my iPod, the events were erased too. I thought iTunes and MobileMe made backup copies, and it did not.

3. c23roo thread starter macrumors regular

Ugh - what a disaster!
    I am pretty good about making backups of my iCal files, and will absolutely do one before upgrading.

Any verdict on how this upgrade will impact me - maybe from someone who's using the new upgrade on a Leopard machine? Any real problems?

Or should I try to carry out the upgrade with my Snow Leopard Macbook? Or does this even matter?