MobileMe: Contacts Delay In Loading

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kolax, Jan 3, 2009.

1. kolax macrumors G3

I have my contacts set to sync with MobileMe. However, they take 2 seconds to load. Okay, 2 seconds doesn't seem like a long time, but when you are unlocking the phone, and tapping contacts within a second, the 2 second wait is quite annoying.

I believe during that time, it is obviously waiting to see if there is any changes to be pushed to the phone, as any changes I make on MobileMe are only viewable in contacts when I go back to the Home Screen and click on contacts again.

I just want to know if others have this, and whether it is better to just turn off contact syncing and sync manually to my Mac.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

2 whole seconds? I'd return it if I were you. :rolleyes:

3. The General macrumors 601

Mine takes 5 seconds. It's the program loading. It takes time to open a program, you know. Setting it to manual sync will do nothing.

4. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Haha. I know it sounds ridiculous to complain about that, but it is really irritating. I want to call someone, and being shown with a blank white page for 2-3 seconds isn't much fun.

5?! I couldn't stand that. Guess it is how many contacts you have..

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Are you new to the phone? When we had software version 2.0 most people were waiting 8-10 seconds for it to load.

We're all THANKFUL it's 2 seconds now!

6. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Aha yes I am. Okay well I'll be grateful that it is only 2 seconds! ;)

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Honestly, I think this is what a lot of the problems with 2.0 were: Intentional "mistakes" so that when they "fixed" them later, people would be thrilled with the phone!

8. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Here's hoping that 2.3 will lower the delay even more ;)

9. synagence macrumors 6502a

The contact loading behavior has changed too ... for me anyway, it used to show the contacts immediately but then you would have to wait 2-3 seconds for the scrolls to acknowledge

Now it doesn't show contacts until its ready but as soon as it does its responsive .... for me thats 100% better ....

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yes, this was a good change. Some apps take a screen-shot when you close and display that the next time it's loading. 'Contacts' used to do this, making it feel like it was frozen.

As you noticed, now it displays a blank screen until it's ready. This is tons better because now you know that seeing the contacts means it's ready. Before you'd have to just keep tapping it until something happened.

11. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Ah, I understand now.

Too bad contacts couldn't run in the background - don't know how much of a battery knock on effect it would have to have the contacts loaded and ready to be used.