MobileMe Contacts: Modified, Deleted & Just plain broken

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by jchildress, Jul 14, 2008.

1. jchildress macrumors member

I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem. But I can never seem to get reliable results with my contacts while editing them in MobileMe (FireFox 2.x). The big issue happens when coming back to my account or after refreshing the web page. Some of my contacts will be modified to a state they were at before I edited them.

For example, I exported all of my contacts from my old cell phone into vCards. I imported the vCards in MobileMe and they all came in with just the mobile number as expected. I then started to add extra info into some of the contacts like email addresses and mailing addresses. I edited some of the names and other minor data in each contact. The data all seemed to be present and exact. But if I hit the refresh button. some of the contacts would go back to their original state they were in just after importing the vCard. I thought that maybe the server needed time to catch up on the save process, but I don't think that's the issue. Once, I came back to my contacts the next day. All of the information was correct from the day before. I hit the refresh button and some contacts lost all info except for their name. Some contacts went back to originally imported data, and some even vanished, never to be seen again.

The worse case I had was after spending a couple hours importing and editing all of my contacts, MobileMe appeared to be stuck on loading information. I let it sit there, spinning it's wheels for a good hour or so, and came back and it was still trying to load data. So I hit the refresh button and 75% of my contacts were deleted.

And of course, what ever state they're in on MobileMe, they're the same on my iPhone. So basically, MM destroyed half of my contact list.

Needless to say, this is extremly annoying and counter productive. Luckily I'm on day 3 of the free trial and not paying. I'm so frustrated, that I might just cancel it tonight if the system doesn't improve.

If anybody has a solution or tips or tricks that would help me out, I would appreciate that.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I've noticed that some of my contacts are missing information such as phone numbers on MM, but they are still correct on my phone and Address Book. Fortunately, these mistakes aren't pushed to my phone, so I'm assuming it is just a problem with them showing up on the MM server at this point.