MobileMe deleting email without permission

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Nukey, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Nukey macrumors member

Last night I finally decided to forward all of my mail to MobileMe. It seemed to finally be stable. Until yesterday, I was getting around 100 spam emails per day. Now I'm not getting any; zilch. I have junk filtering enabled and I have it set to automatically forward the offending email to the Junk Folder. The problem is, the junk folder is empty and has been for the past day.

I thought this was strange so I decided to forward a junk email to myself. It never arrives! I turned off junk filtering and tried it again; same story! As nice as not getting any junk mail is, I'm very worried that LEGITIMATE emails are not coming through.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

2. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

Are you forwarding from gmail? According to gmail setup faq they tell you to use their spam filtering and turn off the spam filtering on other clients (that would include mobileme and mail app)

I'm having the opposite problem, I delete mail in my inbox on my iphone and it's still on the me.com inbox and trash (that's 2 copies, plus the copy in the archive mail folder on gmail)

can everyone just please switch over to push now? :)