MobileMe emails will not delete from iphone/ipad even after deleting from desktop

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FloridaMac, Jan 24, 2011.

1. FloridaMac macrumors regular

When I go to mobileme on my desktop and delete an email it still shows that I have that email on my iphone or ipad (it's still shows the red number alert on the mail icon). I have to manually go into the email for it to update...only then does it go away. However if I turn on my google exchange account and send an email to that account and then delete it, I don't have this problem. As it stands right now, I have google mail set up to forward all emails to mobileme and archive the copy in google. Is there a setting on my iphone/ipad that I need to use for mobileme? thanks for the help.

2. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Are you sure you have Push turned on for MobileMe? Check in your Settings app.

3. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Theres an apple support doc that explains this but i cant find it on my iPhone. Thats just the way the MobileMe email works. It syncs back up when you open the phone mail app.

4. FloridaMac thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I have it set to push.

5. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I have noticed this as well. Unless I open the e-mail app, the email remains there. It seems like push doesn't happen until the e-mail app is activated.

6. mrochester macrumors 65816

This happens to me too and i feel it sort of defeats the point of push email a little.

7. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Same thing here. Just part of the magical user experience..