MobileMe expired

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by ShiftyGray, Sep 16, 2011.

1. ShiftyGray macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I wake up this morning to find that my current MobileMe subscription has expired. I thought that all subscriptions were extended to June 2012. Have I made a mistake somewhere, or are there others who also have their subscription cancelled?

2. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Likey you made a mistake.

Did you get a e-mail telling you that your account had been extended?

You should have.

Give the MobileMe support team a call/email. (esp. iof you want to get iCloud and have the same @me.com user name.)

3. ShiftyGray thread starter macrumors regular

My mistake was apparently that I got MobileMe on Ebay and apparently Apple did not extend the service for those who acquired MobileMe through unauthorized means.

4. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Mine hasn't expired, but oddly all the messages from my Inbox are gone as of this morning. No other folders were affected. I don't think my account was compromised, but I changed my PW just in case. Chatting with Apple support right now.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Are you sure about that? How could apple know where you purchased mobileme.

6. DeaconGTG macrumors member

That doesn't seem right. Purchasing mobile me through a store (or ebay) is essentially getting a 12-month gift card. Like buying an xbox live gold membership. I don't think Apple would care where you got it.