MobileMe Family and only 1 mac

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by andysousa, Dec 18, 2010.

1. andysousa macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I am thinking about upgrading my mobileme to a family pack, but was wondering how I can sync the sub-accounts with my imac. From the looks of it, I can only add one mobile me account. I want to be able to have my 1 imac account sync all the contacts and calendars (separately) from the sub-accounts. Is this possible?

Basically my wife and I use the same computer with the same account. We both have iphones and I want to be able to sync with her contacts/cal and mine but separately.

Thanks in advance

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

In iCal you can add the 2nd MobileMe account as a new CalDev account. In address book you can add the 2nd MobileMe account as a new CardDev account.

3. andysousa thread starter macrumors newbie

Sweet thanks.... Is the address for both just me.com or is there a special adds for cal and card?

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I believe it's just username@me.com

5. andysousa thread starter macrumors newbie

that doesn't seem to be working.

In the mac Address book, I am trying to add account and it needs
    user
    password
    server address

Anyone know what the server address is? I have tried me.com and carddav.me.com

6. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I'm not sure.

A work around is this, create another user account on your mac and connect it to the second mobileme account. Then open Contacts and select Accounts->Account Information and make sure Synchronize with MobileMe is checked.
    Then, select the Sharing tab and check share your address book. Add the name of the first mobileme account to the list and enable allow editing. Now, log out and go back to your main mac user account, which should now be able to see and edit both mobileme accounts contacts.