MobileMe Family Pack questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by S Brake, Jun 14, 2009.

1. S Brake macrumors regular

The Find my iPhone functionality has got me thinking about starting a MobileMe subscription. My wife and I both have 3G's so I was thinking a family pack would be the best way to go. I have a few questions before I take the plunge.

The family pack comes with 5 accounts, would we be able to have other family members, such as siblings, on the account with full functionality (find my iPhone, etc.)? I'd like to do this to help spread the cost around.

Does the Find my iPhone feature work on first gen. iPhones as well?

I have found the family pack for a pretty good price, $79 with free shipping. When it comes time to renew the subscription, will I be able to renew at this price?
    Thanks for your help

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

You would be able to use all 5 accounts

I don't know about 1st gen iphones because it does not have GPS. but it does have the triangulation.

I bought .Mac at $79 and I pay 149.99 every year to renew

3. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

Dad just upgraded to family pack 2 days ago because his partner wanted 2 mobile me accounts, which left 2 open so he allowed me to use mobile me now as well. We all have 3G's, so not sure about the 1st Gen because on the Find my iPhone page, it says you have to have location services (GPS) on on your phone. (If you wondering, i have 3.0 GM)

4. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

sell them(sub accounts) on Ebay for 30 bucks each and get your mobile me for free.
    The main account also has alias;s so you can make a few account for yourself.

5. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Find my iphone does work on the 1st gen, that is what i have and I was testing it out.

However, without the GPS it isn't too accurate. It put a big circle around where my house is. If you left it somewhere and you knew where you were then it would probably work fine. However, it would be hard to track a theif with it. You are still able to send messages and noises though.