MobileMe Family Pack

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by sharijoy7, Mar 30, 2011.

1. sharijoy7 macrumors newbie

My husband and I share a Family Pack. We each have our own Macs and do not want the others Me info on them. I have tried removing his account from my mac and mine from his. However, whatever I do to mine changes on his and vice versa.

It's making him crazy because his computer is "his computer" and he doesn't want my stuff on it. ;)

Is there a way to fix this permanently without getting rid of his account? I got him MobileMe because I was sick of listening to him complain about gmail and now I'm back to square one.

Thanks!

2. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

You each need your own MobileMe account... I think Apple will allow you to downgrade the family pack to a single user account as long as the original primary user is on the account for email etc...

3. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

She brings up a good point that has been bugging me as well. What use is the family pack if it can't be independent and shared in a way.

For instance:
    I have a family pack, and my son has his iCal email etc. But I want to have access w/ back to my mac to his machine. As admin or primary, I should be able to btmm at any account under my pack, but you can't. That user has to login to mm as me so I can access.

It's really a shortfall in the entire service. I hope they do a major overhaul on this as well as fixing iDisk.

4. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

I agree... You can screen share via iChat with other user's permission for free.

5. sharijoy7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Macsterguy! Not exactly the answer I wanted but at least it's fixable.